SGMA in the Cosumnes Subbasin
Under California law, the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) requires the Cosumnes Subbasin to form a groundwater sustainability agency or agencies (GSAs) by June 30, 2017, and to have a groundwater sustainability plan (GSP) in place by 2022.
The following seven agencies filed with the state to form a GSA within the Cosumnes Subbasin:
- Omochumne-Hartnell Water District (website)
- Sloughhouse Resource Conservation District (website)
- Galt Irrigation District (website)
- Clay Water District (website)
- City of Galt (website)
- Amador County Groundwater Management Authority (website)
- Sacramento County (website)
These GSAs are now engaged in a collaborative group, called the Cosumnes Subbasin SGMA Working Group, to discuss developing a roadmap for creating a groundwater sustainability plan.
Note: Elk Grove is in the South American Subbasin — not the Cosumnes Subbasin — and Sacramento Central Groundwater Authority (SCGA) is your local groundwater sustainability agency. For more information about SGMA in the South American Subbasin, visit the SCGA website at www.scgah2o.org.
New to SGMA?
Spend a few minutes with these resources
- Understanding Groundwater: Video (4 min) (by DWR)
- SGMA and working together: Video (5 min) (by Self-Help Enterprises)
- SGMA 101: SGMA Brochure (by CFBF)
- Videos en español: Videos (by Self-Help Enterprises)
Visit the Resources page for more information
Final Groundwater Sustainability Plan
The Final Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) (subject to GSAs’ formal adoption and submittal to DWR) is available to view/download.
Quicklinks to Quick Reads for the Cosumnes GSP
- The Rapid Read (5-min read) [View/Download]
- The Brochure Read (30-min read) [Web-Reader | Print-Friendly]
- The Technical Read (technical executive summary) (updated Dec 2021) [View/Download]
The Full Read
Click HERE or the green button to view and download the full technical documents for the Cosumnes Final GSP. Files are large, so download each file separately.
Refer to the Draft GSP Comment Period webpage for the Public Draft GSP documents and public comment period.
View Public Comments during GSP Development (Appendix F of the GSP)
Access all files in the Final GSP
Refer to the Resources page for past Cosumnes factsheets and handouts, outreach and engagement, and other SGMA resources (2016-2021).
Visit the new website for the most updated resources