JANUARY 2019 – MATERIALS FOR LANDOWNERS + OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
- Cosumnes Subbasin SGMA Fact Sheet (v. Dec. 2018) – (link)
- Cosumnes Subbasin Stakeholder Survey – complete online (link) or print and mail in (link)
- Landowner Data Request Form (link) – All fields are optional; please complete as much information as you can and email the completed PDF form back to JMLowrie@wateforum.org by February 28, 2019.
SGMA IN THE COSUMNES SUBBASIN
Under California law, the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) requires the Cosumnes Subbasin to form a groundwater sustainability agency or agencies (GSAs) by June 30, 2017, and to have a groundwater sustainability plan (GSP) in place by 2022.
The following seven agencies filed with the state to form a GSA within the Cosumnes Subbasin:
- Omochumne-Hartnell Water District (link)
- Sloughhouse Resource Conservation District (link)
- Galt Irrigation District (link)
- Clay Water District (link)
- City of Galt (link)
- Amador County Groundwater Management Authority (link)
- Sacramento County (link)
These GSAs are now engaged in a collaborative group, called the Cosumnes Subbasin SGMA Working Group, to discuss developing a roadmap for creating a groundwater sustainability plan.
Note: Elk Grove is in the South American Subbasin — not the Cosumnes Subbasin — and Sacramento Central Groundwater Authority (SCGA) is your local groundwater sustainability agency. For more information about SGMA in the South American Subbasin, visit the SCGA website at www.scgah2o.org.
STAKEHOLDER OUTREACH + ENGAGEMENT
The Working Group developed a plan to work closely with affected stakeholders including agriculture, environmental interests, rural residential well owners, tribal interests, and others. The GSAs recognize the importance of engaging stakeholders and the broader public in discussions related to groundwater sustainability plan development and implementation and commit to leading a transparent and inclusive process to foster the consideration of the beneficial uses and users of groundwater in the basin. View the Outreach and Public Engagement Plan.
- Cosumnes Subbasin Fact Sheet (Dec. 2018)
- Cosumnes Subbasin Stakeholder Survey + Landowner Data Request Form
- Union of Concerned Scientists guide to Getting Involved In Groundwater: A Guide to California’s Groundwater Sustainability Plans [English] | Participe en el manejo de su cuenca: Guía para entender los planes de sustentabilidad de aguas subterráneas de California [Espanol]
- View current Groundwater Sustainability Agencies at DWR’s portal.
- DWR’s Stakeholder Communication & Engagement guidance document
- DWR’s GSP Regulations Guide
- SWRCB Groundwater Management Page
- USGS Sustainable Groundwater Management Resources
- For GSAs: Outreach Tracker